Running out of ideas what to prepare for school and office snack? Make some corn fritters! They are yummy and very filling. I make them out of frozen kernels and haven’t tried using fresh ones yet.
The greek yogurt dip is just optional but a very nice addition to the snack. Today I made use of labneh instead. I seasoned it with salt, black pepper and chopped white onions and olives.
3 cups frozen corn, thawed in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup melted butter
cooking oil for frying
For the dip (optional)
1 cup labneh
1 tbsp minced white onion
salt and pepper to taste
sliced pitted black olives (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add in the butter, milk and egg. Add the water gradually to avoid making the mixture runny.
- Fold in corn kernel and mix well.
- In a heated pan ith oil, spoon in a desired amount of mixture and flatten with the back of a spoon to form a patty. Fry until slightly golden.
- Drain on wire rack or stainless strainer.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip. Done! Hot fritters and cold dip are the best❤